- Kahlil Wehmeyer suggested installing electric vehicle chargers, specifically Tesla superchargers. An ad hoc committee, Electric Vehicle Charger Committee, led by Juan Forero was created.
- Computer engineering and electrical engineering students take many math classes. The possibility of math minors will be brought up during Pizza with the Provost. The senate generally supports offering a math minor.
- The Legislative Executive Board reached the conclusion that it had no jurisdiction over the student concern brought up in the previous meetings. The senate mistakenly believed it had the ability to open an investigation. The student was referred to the ombudsman and vice provost for further action.
- A written concern about a department head was read. More grievances will be gathered and presented to the appropriate channels.
- Mandatory meal plan requirements were brought up. The Senate supports doing research on dining policies.
- Chief Justice will be paid position, $300 a semester, from operations.
- A bill regarding the spending and management of activity and service fees was read.
- The next meeting will be on Monday at 6 pm in IST-1003.
Documents are available from Florida Polytechnic University’s Office of the General Counsel.
Information and materials about SGA meetings are provided “as is” without any warranty or guarantee expressed or implied.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 95 other subscribers